Events & Workshops: Unity Yoga & Wellness will offer Special Events and Workshops throughout the year. Check out our schedule to find the right session for you!
Reiki Level 1 Practitioner Class
Learn the Healing Art of Reiki
Under the guidance of Reiki Master Teacher Riv Dunn, this class will prepare and attune you to the tradition of Reiki 1. Become a Reiki 1 Practitioner and learn self-healing, healing for others, Reiki for food and water, and Reiki for pets.
Cost: $125 (early bird registration $99. Register by February 1st for early bird pricing!)
Attunement: February 10th at Rock Springs Park (weather permitting)
When: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, come and join this healing circle where sacred space is created for each individual to experience the power of a group holding their intention for healing. This Circle can be used to find direction in life and for aligning ourselves physically, mentally and emotionally.
Terri is a Healing Touch Practitioner and will bring two principles of Healing Touch to this Healing Circle:
2) The power of Intention. Let’s come together!
Cost – $5
Please call Terri at 618-401-8128 with any questions.
Prenatal Yoga Teaching Workshop
This workshop will help current yoga teachers learn how to include pregnant students in their general classes. By the end of this workshop, your classes will be inviting for all students!
In this workshop you will:
• Learn the fundamental changes of the anatomy and physiology of the pregnant body with specific focus on hormonal, spinal and pelvic changes and how this applies to yoga asana.
• Learn specifically how certain poses can cause abdominal damage and which ones are safe to do.
• Learn about the back muscles, back pain and why pregnant students should not lay flat on their back.
• Learn what asanas to avoid and why
• Learn to use props effectively
• Take all this juicy information and apply what you know!
3 CEU’s available
Registration is limited to 12 participants.