Events & Workshops: Unity Yoga & Wellness will offer Special Events and Workshops throughout the year. Check out our schedule to find the right session for you!
Spring Into Wellness 108
March 20, Come Celebrate the Spring Equinox in unity with Unity’s continued unique 108 series, Bringing Back the Light!
March 20 – Spring Equinox – Astronomically marks our day star is half way here! We celebrate in unity with Unity 54 (2 sets of 27) Moon Salutations and 54 (2 sets of 27) Sun Salutations with live music and intentions set to each set of 27 to Water, Air, Earth and Fire element. We will once again begin by candlelight and slowly bring the light in with each set completing our 108. This will be accompanied to the live healing sounds of Mark Biehl”s Tibetan Bowls, Indigenous flutes and drumming.
All Participates receive a Unity 108.0 bumper sticker
This is an all day celebration, Bringing Back the Light! Look for our daily schedule this day for healing classes, a POP UP Wellness class and “Spring Cleaning” Ayurveda seasonal guidelines for imbalances such as the common cold, sinus congestion and allergies. Stop by to sample some Ayurveda foods and pick up easy to make recipes!
Sign up online to register!
Prenatal Yoga Teaching Workshop
Friday March 22nd, 3:00pm-6:00pm
This workshop will help current yoga teachers learn how to include pregnant students in their general classes. By the end of this workshop, your classes will be inviting for all students!
In this workshop you will:
• Learn the fundamental changes of the anatomy and physiology of the pregnant body with specific focus on hormonal, spinal and pelvic changes and how this applies to yoga asana.
• Learn specifically how certain poses can cause abdominal damage and which ones are safe to do.
• Learn about the back muscles, back pain and why pregnant students should not lay flat on their back.
• Learn what asanas to avoid and why
• Learn to use props effectively
• Take all this juicy information and apply what you know!
3 CEU’s available for current RYTs!
Registration is limited to 15 participants.